Friday, June 28, 2013

Confidence

   <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8954037/?claim=h7e6x9msg3k">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


   Being confident is something I have struggled with my whole life. It always seemed to be so easy for others to look confident but as I tried I realised it wasn't, at all, simple.

   My body wasn't my biggest struggle, my skin was. Unfortunately, I have oily, acne prone skin. Throughout the years, I have had times when I had lots of spots, and big ones, and times when I had nearly none. However, my skin was never perfect, as it had some scars from previous spots.

   To cover that up, I used to always wear make-up. Not that much, just foundation, concealer, bronzer and mascara, because in my school we are not allowed to wear bold lipstick or blush.

   What happened was that, since I always used that many products on my face, on a daily bases, when there was a party or when me and my friends went clubbing, I felt the need to use eyeliner, lipstick and eyeshadow. I did not think that was too much until I started going out with these girls that did not put ANYTHING on their faces and still looked gorgeous. I wondered what was wrong with me, why couldn't I be like them, but realised that I was the type of girl that needed to wear tons of make-up to look good, or at least decent.

   Well, about a month ago I went to a friend's dinner party. I wasn't even going out, but I put on lipstick, tons of eyeshadow and eyeliner and blush.

   When I got there, most girls weren't wearing make-up, but what got my attention was this girl I am friend's with, that spent the night talking to me. She wasn't wearing ANY make-up, not even a tiny bit of bronzer, and her sking looked absolutely flawless.

   I do not know why but that changed my opinion on myself. I decided that I was not going to wear make-up to school, only to dinners and parties and, even then, I was going to reduce the amount of products I was putting on my skin.

   I am not going to lie. At first, it was hard going to school with nothing on my face. I felt like everyone was looking at me and it was uncomfortable. However, after about a week, I was used to it and it wasn't hard at all.

   The problem came when, one morning, my skin, out of the blew, broke out insanely. I had three huge spots and some small ones and I had to go to school that day. All I wanted was to cover myself up in make-up, but I had promised myself I wouldn't do that. So I gained courage and went to school like that. It was one of the most terrifying moments of me life, but, fortunately, it worked out pretty well. No one made rude comments or said anything and I felt good not wearing make-up. I felt lighter and more me.

   Since that day, I haven't wore make-up, not even to dinner parties and I feel so much better about myself. I feel pretty and natural, which is good I guess.

   I wrote this post because I know a lot of you feel the same way I did, like you need to wear make-up to look good, but you don't. Now it bothers me how girls feel like they need to wear eyeliner to school to look good because you seriously DON'T! You are beautiful and putting crazy amounts of make-up on your skin will only make it worse. Believe me, I was just like you. I couldn't leave the house without at least foundation and bronzer and now I leave the house bare face and I don't have any problems with it.

  I would recommend for you to start by reducing the amount of products you use on your daily routine, if you think you can't just cut on everything at once. You will feel so much better afterwards, believe me :)


   I hope this post helped some of you,
   lots of love,
   Patricia :)

No comments:

Post a Comment